Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
the CambridgeSCA is no good. you will lose your money because when you find out what the school is like you will want a refund and you probably will not get it back like myself. Believe me i have been there i took the course and did not finish. Biggest waste of time. the school blows. all the students are not taught the same things in class and when cooking tests come up you are lost. i know about cooking went to a tech high school :eek: :cry: :eek: :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
at cambridge sca every student should be taught what the subject is about. say if it is on fish all the students should be doing fish. not just one. not one doing salad and the next doing drinks,or the other student doing pastries. that is the way students are taught there. , if the others are not shown the subjects like how to poach fish, braising, and many other things. the other students are left in the dark except one. If you pay 15,000 or any amount of money you should be taught. not just one. say you have to do a veloute sauce and poach the seafood. for a test and you have no idea how to do either one. because you were never shown how to do either.and get a bad grade.that is because of bad teaching skills. there are books but a book only show just so much like it say skim scum. if you do not know what to skim how do you skim it. because they cheat the others students out of an education. and no someone should have to go home and try to do it at home and practice at home if you are paying someone to teach you

and you do not know what the tests are going to be on

and the thing about the tech high school is that i was bitten by the culinary bug. and wanted to to further my education by going to csca and i was wrong for picking that school.

the school i go to now teaches all the students in the class the same subject

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.