Chef Forum banner

Kick it up a notch!(tm).

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  momoreg 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen the commercial with Emeril Lagasse using his catchphrases to sell you toothpaste! Whats next? Preparation H?

#6 ·
I think this goes along with the other posting about the Wendys commercial. INMHO I think we kill the messenger here. If you see any of the old Emeril shows, long before he had a live audience it was him and the camera people. He had his catch phrases borne out of his own personality. It's the marketing people that make this so annoying. I don't think Emeril or Rick Bayless sit around after hours thinking about who they can sell their name to (at least not to this extent) Corporate America likes to take something catchy and ram it down our throats. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Bart Simpsons idea to have everybody running around going "Don't have a cow man". It's just another one of those things where we can watch it and then sit around and look like this smiley :rolleyes:

#9 ·
Okey dokey. I think the Food Network should be about ready to issue a calendar:

Stove Studs?
Kitchen Kittens?

And anyway, wasn't there a looonnnnggg string awhile back about Sara Moulton as sex symbol? Kuan, wasn't it you who started it? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.