Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The restaurant where I work has a very long line in the kitchen and not designed very well on top of everything else. The line it self is not a problem in our busy season but now as the season slows (as well as the economy) my KM has a hard time cutting her staff because she says it's diffcult to run the line since it is so long. Also we use a system where the expeditor on the opposite side of the line from the cooks calls the tickets out and the cooks never see the tickets. I know some fine dining restaurants do this but we are not fining dining and the expeditor and their "set-up" person seems to be a waste of staff. I want them to do the setting of plates from the cook side of the line....it also seems to me that only one order goes out at a time, which is a problem when doing big parties or during our busy season.
I've been in this business long enough to know that's it's easy for me to say while satting in my office cut payroll and so I hesitate...mean while payroll is 35% this week and next week will probably be 46%. Help! Has anyone ever used a consultant to help redesign their kitchen?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.