Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
I can't comment on sinks and faucets unless you are talking commercial. There are so many out there that it makes my head spin and I really don't care for most anyway.

As for plastic laminate (Formica, Wilsonart, etc.) countertops, as you should know the laminate is about 3/32" thick and applied with contact cement to a substrate of plywood or chip board- the actual countertop. So you can make that as thick as you want. Plastic laminate was the "modern" replacement back in the 50's for the available linoleum or wood. But by today's standards it's bottom of the barrel for countertops on the House Extravagant list. But the good news is that it's inexpensive. As far as durability, you don't want to cut on it because it will look like a cutting board. It can be scorched (though it's gotten better) so I wouldn't put hot pans on it. The material can stain and it will become burnished from cleaning with abrasive sponges and cleaners. (Right now I'm looking at my counter top next to my computer where its become shiny from using my mouse.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.