Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Papa makes a good point and I wish everyone would consider it?! As a pet owner of 4 cats I couldn't dream of letting my cats roam free. The possiblity of them getting hurt or worse would leave too much guilt in my heart because I know better. I have one outdoor cat that walks quite nicely outside on a leash where I can control his attempts at bad behavior as well as nibbling on so many plants that he becomes sick inside latter.

I also take care of a whole feral cat colony at my work. I'm not sure how they started, if people dumped strays there or if they just wondered in on their own. But there's about 6 main adult cats who have litters everytime they go into heat. Rarely does a new kitten survive to adulthood. Although we have one cat that can be traced back through 10 years of survival the average life expectance is less then 3 years for a disposed of cat. I call her "Moma" (since she had sooo many litters over 10 years) and I finally trapped and neutered her last year...it was quite a challenge, very expensive and a major challenge just to find a vet who would work on a feral.

Please never let an un-neutered animal free to roam!!!!!!!!!! It's a sad hard life people condem these homeless animals to and many kind hearted pet owners don't realize that they are adding to the problem everytime they let their cat run free.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.