Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Sugar cookies.... I used to make timplates using styrafom meat trays to form seasonal cookies so the kids at school could each decorate a 5" cookie. Pumpkins, Easter Eggs, Christmas Trees, Circles, (Nina pinta nd Santa Maria just kidding)Combine with a bag of mixed candies and a small amount of icing sell as a combo for mucho $
Anyway fairly cheap....I use butter but a batch makes alot.
Think Bar cookies they are fast easy and pretty ok to store.

How about gingerbread house kits? Maybe too much involved for the return.

[This message has been edited by shroomgirl (edited October 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Cheap cookies
you could probably get $3.50 to $5.00 for a big Christmas tree cookie or I took orders one year and made gingerbread (hard as rocks)ornaments with the kids name piped on with royal icing...small holly at the top
small hole and a red ribbon to hang it on the tree.....round ornament....HUGE return.
Everyone wants stocking stuff with their kids name on it or stuff for the kids to do over the holidays....Consider selling sugar cookie dough, icing and cheapo cutters maybe some candies too....as a package....have taste so they know the quality and sell the fool out of it.....take orders Moms want to make the homemade stuff but don't have the time. So If you sell dough or cookies to decorate....throw in tips or ziploc freezer bags for piping....up the cost ($15-20 not out of line....if you have an assembly and if you found cheap decorative candies this could bring in the $ quickly)
Boy I havn't thought of this stuff in years.
tooo many to remember..... Julia Child's gingerbread cookie is the recipe I used and love.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.