Chef Forum banner

Last Supper

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  just jim 
#1 ·
Im sure this ones been done but I havent seen it.

What would your last meal be & whrer would you have it.

Food for thought.

chow

#2 ·
Mine would be;

Asparagus...........................Vintage Krug

Fruit de Mers.......................White Burgundy

Roast suckling pig................Opus 1
BBQ sauce
Hasslebach potatoes

Cheeses...............................Dow 1963

Exotic fruit platter.................Ch d,Yquem 1959

ps Happy Birthday Mezzaluna old chap.

chow

#3 ·
last meal, yep we did this one a few years ago but I'm happy to come up with a new one.

Depending on hte season, as you've asked now I'll talk about Summer foods
Tiniest diver scallops with a slightly spicy remoulade with capers
lobster and soft sheel crab with lump crab and lemon butter
Roasted free range chickenwithroasemary and roasted garlic and lemoncrispy clarified butter fried fingerlin potatoes with chanterelles
haricot vert, beet and chevre salad with sherry viniager
Aged ribeye with porcini and a bordelaise/with a dab of bernaise for the heck of it.
Wonderous ciabatta bread shaped like a fougasse
somewhere in there a tiny batch of my biscuits with black raspberry jam
Cheeses and fruitswith some Tasmanian honey.....absolutely aged gouda and Montgomery cheddar as well as the stinky french soft cheeses
Fruit tarts with chantilly cream ,tiny balls of sorbet and icecream with pecan cookies
petiti fours with jellies and caramelsand of course really good chocolates....
Wines....well I'm a Margaux girl, Opus is good too as is Y'quem
my menu is not as heavy but drink what you like has become my motto. So I'd start with a Kir Royale and end with some very old Grand Marnier.

#7 ·
Shroomgirl,
yummy, if your ever naughty & wind up in the electric chair please can I come to your last meal too. Ill practice my table manners.
great selection but soft shell crabs give me indegestion, I should perhaps try killing them first !

#9 ·
Shroomgirl, Yup we eat all our protein live here in the UK ( New Orleans ? I wish ).
Its a remnant of our pagan ancestry which I suspect will take a few more thousand years to breed out !

#10 ·
had a look at the previusly run forum on this subject. One posting was for the Texas deathrow actual last meals, boy do you have your share of crazies.
I was amazed at the similarity of choice, chicken burgers & ribs.
I read for a while & then had to cook.........
I did lamb steaks BBQ style , Hot peppered chicken , fries etc

It was yummy & actually not a bad choice.

Guess I was brainwashed by internet

far out

#11 ·
you might as well go out with a bang heh! lets start with a big hot muffeletta dripping w/ extra virgin and olive salad some thick homecut fries covered in cheese and green onions , throw in a couple of lortabs and a icy cold bottle of patron silver--- who knows, you might even save them the cost of the injection if you can get all of that down in one sitting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.