Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love lavender, Both in my garden and in some of my recipes. I have quite abit of Spanish,English and french lavender that I grow. In August I picked the flowers and some of the leaves and steeped it in some high grade honey for about an hour on very low heat. I then cooled it and put it in air tight jars in my celler. well I just finished my first cup of lavender honey tea, Pretty good stuff, I have paid a small fortune for lavender honey in the past. I use it with duck,pork Venison and the like.
cc

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
la jefa, Sounds Intense. You have covered almost every ethnic cuisine. Do you find that the complexaty(sp?)of so many strong flavored treatments over power the delicate flavor and aroma of the lavender?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
In France you can sometimes find lavender ice cream. Other confections, read sweets, are also be parfumed with lavender. It can also be used in place of orange water.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The true Lavender honey is made by the honey bee's that pollinate the lavender fields.when the honey is retreived, It actually has a lavender aroma and flavor and is more delicate then the one I make by steeping the flowers with honey. But the true honey is very expensive. I have also infused with cinnamen sticks,vanilla beans and dried orange and lemon zest

cc

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh so thats we're you where.
I kinda missed ya shroomgirl.nice to see you
cc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.