Chef Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great dinner at a local restaurant. For dessert I got crème brûlée and my wife had a kind of chocolate cake.
I had some amaretto with dessert and it really hit the spot. My wife loved a little amaretto soaked in her cake.

Do any of you like a certain liquor or liqueur with dessert? If you like chocolate pudding with beer, you're disqualified.

· Registered
273 Posts
I usually make thousands of truffles every year for Christmas.
Usually I use raspberry and Blackberry cordials as a chief ingredient in the centers.
I also make one with Gran Mariner....except that I cheat and make my own with brandy, orange peels and sugar for a superior product.

Tira MI Su is classic with rum or marsala.
Then there's drinks with Kahlua....
Frangelica

A good icewein is always a treat.
Or any other trockenberenauslese reisling.

Cassis used to be really popular....but it's faded these days for some reason. (Likely nobody knows about it) champagne with Cassis cordial is always good before or after dinner. (But use a splash of cranberry in it for before dinner drinks)

I'm a chef....I know which wine to pour over rice crispies vx the wine that goes over corn flakes for breakfast. I'm a natural born alcoholic if necessary.

· Registered
5,137 Posts
I can see that my "chocolate pudding with beer " comment wasn't very bright.
I am so bright that my mother called me son, but I don't begin to know everything there is to know about food and cooking. I don't know anything until i am introduced to it for the first time. Your comment... "ain't no thing". ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts