Chef Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, 

My name is Frank. I am currently a student in the Culinary Arts and Right now I am having Difficulty locating or even coming up with an idea  with a good delicious Italian  chicken dish. 

· Premium Member
11,776 Posts
Chicken rolls braised in wine. Many ways to vary this into interesting derivations. The original that I based this on was with Beef and Barolo. I recall using cheese, bread crumbs and pine nuts in the filling. Seasoned with Rosemary. A balsamic variation with rosemary would also be quite good.

This was my inspiration.

http://lidiasitaly.com/recipes/braised-beef-rolls/

Chicken cooks much faster of course.

· Registered
643 Posts
Chicken Cacciatore, Chicken Picatta, Chicken Marsala, Chicken Scallopini, Chicken Parmesan.  Some of these are normally served with a side of pasta, but that is not mandatory. 

I can give you a recipe for any of them if you want.

· Registered
638 Posts
And  let us not forget Eggplant parmesan

· Registered
360 Posts
baked chicken similar to 'Shake-n-Bake', doesn't have a fancy name, but I had it several times when in Italy.  slice boneless chicken into strips, coat with olive oil, roll in seasoned bread crumbs, bake @ 350F until done, about 15 minutes.

· Registered
51 Posts
also some call this FRANCAISE  and  some call it ROMANO.  its chicken cutlet floured,  then dipped in beaten eggs w/ grated parm/romano cheese-parsley-lemon juice. sauteed, clarified butter hot.  it can stick so be careful.  some garnish with capers and lemon slices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.