Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I will leave that to Melina and if she doesn't reply ,
I will post this great great recipe!

Well the **** did you remember that?

I remember myself as a child pretending the ill so as my grandmother gives me a drop. But she used to refuse by saying that this was for ladies only.Now that I am thinking of it, my grandmother must not have been that young then to use it...but I never knew with my grandma.

If I won't find the proper words to explain why this cherry was for ladies, I will post in private the reason for that!!
Oh what memories you brought back,mysterious Scotish lady.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ahh Melina...

Where is Rachel going to find sun??? In Scotland??

Rachel I know the difference between sherry and cherry but thanks for asking in order to clarify it.

You can use both! If you use sherry you should add more brandy.
Try cherry though because it's more 'warming". This drink suppose you to make you feel warmer, and cherry with brandy and cinnamon is an extra strong warmer...but you get drunk really really easy!!

Thanks Isa for your grandmother's story. I knew that I had a good reason for having a single malt every evening but I just needed someone to reveal it for me!!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeap she drunk sweet sherry also but these black cherries Melina mentions make sweet cherry.

When you return to Spain don't forget to make some cherry of your own...:smoking:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Seriously now.

There is no doubt that drinking is definetely bad for health.
My best friend is a doctor and she once showed me some ultrasound images of liver of people who were drinking. Their liver was surrounded by fat...

I have heard that we don't decompose anymore because of the medicaments we are taking. You see people in our days they cannot take pain even for one moment and they do not hesitate to use medicaments even for the slightest headache...

Afra this sherry is for menstrual cramps. It suppose to warm you up and you feel much better :)
As for this I have heard endless rumours about how nutrition can help you with cramps and PMS...
Any ideas about that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.