Chef Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Great site. I used it a couple of years ago when a middle school teacher was doing a medieval fair. She made a couple of the recipes, too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's a great site. I'm starting a Renaissance research project with my world history class. I'll put a link to it on my web page so the kids can find it. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Sorry, no, not the specific recipes. One was a venison stew, spiced with some cloves, I think, which she served in bread bowls the kids made to mimic the trenchers (thick slices of bread used in place of plates).She also served a dish of mashed, buttered rutabagas and some sort of spice cake for dessert. The teacher is a Family and Consumer Ed. teacher (formerly Home Ec. in our state), and did it little by little over a period of about a month. Can't get a whole lot done in a 42 minute class period wiht middle schoolers!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Mezzaluna for the inspiration.

Sounds delicious. Think I'm going to plan something (a menu that is) either for summer or early fall.

:p

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
What a great site!! I have spent the last few days reading many of the articles. All are very informative!!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Thank you pooh!!!

in 99 and 2000 I would do King Arther dinner once a month for fun.The guest truly loved it. I wish I had known of that site to help me with ideas and wording , Hence ,it's never to late.
cc

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're quite right Foodnfoto!

I wouldn't even dare challenging the great people of Cheftalk! :eek:

CC,

No such event planned for 2001?

:(

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Do I detect a new Chef Talk Challenge coming on? Your favorite recipe described in poetic style! There is a neat passage from Cyrano de Begerac where the poetry buff pastry chef recites his recipes. Rostand was a genius!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Agreed he was a genius. poetry out of an amandine recipe. Had to be done. Of all the desert this is among my favourite.

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
Once again, this is a great site!!! I have been spending a lot of time there and at all the places the links take me. As a chef, it is very easy to take for granted all of our modern convencices (sp?). Most chefs today, must be wimps compared to chefs of years ago. Imagine mashing 50# of potatoes by hand everyday or kneeding 30# of dough, just the simple act of grinding all your spices with a morter was time consuming. Really makes you feel a little humble.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.