Chef Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Shroomgirl, you've mentioned this a few times, could you tell us more about it? Who runs it, how did you find it, is it just a MO thing, how much does it cost, etc. With all the things that happen in kitchens (and restaurants in general) it seems like a very useful course to take.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Washington University Medical School is one of several nationally that offers an 8 week 2 hours a week class by the head of different departments....ie onocology, surgery, ER, gyn/ob, genetics etc....
Basically you find out what the docs are working on now...what the research is saying works....safety and sanitation, not really.
$65 tuition includes a sylibus, coffee,dessert, equipment for demos.....
121 students (13-70+ all different careers)
900 on the waiting list. Really interesting,
I've enjoyed it enough to commit to a sitter 8 weeks in a row and drive 30 minutes each way.

·
Super Moderator
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info; it sounds interesting even if it doesn't apply to kitchen emergency practices (although I have seen my share of "science experiments", usually found when cleaning coolers and walk-ins).

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
You know Greg I spent an hour learning how to suture....if crazy glue or searing is not an available option shoot there's always suturing a wound. course we didn't get to the anesthetic part, guess brandy would have to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.