Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
986 Posts
When I beat sugar and butter in a mixer, the sugar dissolves. Trying to get organic sugar to dissolve is like trying to break a sledge hammer in two! Any solution is helpful.
Sugar is sugar. Organic or not they are the same molecules. There are different types fructose, sucrose ... ect. Cane sugar and organic cane sugar are the same and you should not see a difference except in the price. Cane sugar and beet sugar are the same sugar. Here is a refrence https://authoritynutrition.com/6-healthy-sugars-that-can-kill-you/.

· Registered
986 Posts
"From ship's biscuits to pemmican, from raisins to pasta, all of these foods have incredible shelf life, and have been used for centuries, from farmers to explorers, armies and navies.
What is their common link? Why do they keep so long"

Don't forget jerky and smoked fish.  They have most of the moisture removed.  Pemmican is based on an Algonquian word for this dish.  The Algonquian groups were as far south as the Carolina's and around the great lakes down into what is now Colorado.  I learned that in my high school US History class. The Canadians can't take all the credit.  

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.