Chef Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say I saw the photos and it is nice to see some faces associated with the names I know.
Momoreg, your cake is beautiful ---I commend your artistry and skill. Did you make the little chef logo out of dried fondant or pastillage? What was the inside of the cake?:cool:

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
angrychef,
It tasted even better then it looks.
Momoreg did my mothers 75th birthday cake,it was truly a work of art,She topped the cake with an incredible bouquet of hand made flowers that my Mom keeps in her fridge so she can see them everyday.
cc

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Thanks, angrychef.

Cape, your mother told me about the flowers in her fridge, and I thought that was so cute!

The cheftalk logo was made of fondant, and the cake was hazelnut, with hazelnut buttercream and apricot preserves. It was really a simple design, which was easy to throw together with all the activity that was going on last weekend.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Your cake looks wonderful Momo. Specially loves the little leaves are around. And that frosting... :lips:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I was actually more impressed with how cute Momoreg is (in a not weird way, please, I'm not that way. Just old enough to speak my mind too openly!).

Move over Claudia Flemming, ALL of US beautiful pastry ladies RULE!!.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I was actually more impressed with how cute Momoreg is (in a not weird way, please, I'm not that way. Just old enough to speak my mind too openly!).

Move over Claudia Flemming, ALL of US beautiful pastry ladies RULE!!.;)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I thought MBrown attended, but I didn't find her in any of the photos....how come?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Who's kitchen was that? CCs?

The cake was absolutely beautiful, a real work of art. You are very talented, Momoreg!

I would lend you my kitchen, with everything in it, at the drop of a hat!! :D

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Kimmie, careful, I might take you up on that one day! That's my home kitchen, by the way.

Mbrown is only in one of the pictures, I believe (she only made that quick cameo). But she was there at Beacon, and there's a photo here on Cheftalk.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Momo come to my kitchen I have more counter space! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.