Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I was making dinner at home and needed to make a vinaigrette for some garbanzo beans, so I mixed 1 part oil, 1 part sugar, the juice of a lemon and the juice of a lime, and it had a very mild citrus taste, sort of like just enough to let you know it was there. Anyway my question is, given the recipe I used, would I be wrong to use this 'dressing' as a marinade or stirfry sauce ?.

[ June 03, 2001: Message edited by: coolJ ]

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
What could be "wrong" if it tastes good and works in the dish? Seems a bit sweet to me, but also seems like it would work. Somebody around here has a signature that says, "no rules"- I agree!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Go for it, CoolJ. You won't know until you try it!

:p

·
Registered
386 Posts
That sounds almost like Cantonese lemon sauce except you didn't use cornstarch (since your dressing isn't cooked) and I don't use oil in the sauce. It would probably work in a stirfry and be yummy. Especially if you like citrus.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Don't be afraid to experiment. I think too many people are afraid because they think there is a "wrong" and a "right", but this usually applies to technique and not to combination of flavors. (although coffee and jalepeno combo is not too good. Let us know how this turns out as a marinade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.