Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heavy, old, not-laminated cutting board turns to bits of fine sawdust when I use the knives I like best: the ultra sharp serrated kind. Can anyone recommend a board that won't do that. Good quality plastic is okay tho I kind of like wood. Or whatever you think. Thanks. PS. I'm not changing knives.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@sgsvirgil. Many thanks for your advice and recommendations. There are cheap bamboo boards at the supermarket; would they be just as good as the pricier ones? I have no idea about these things. Am waiting for your further advice!

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh for goodness sakes!!!!!! You don't use serrated knives on wood, period! You might as well be using a saw.

LOL. But what do you REALLY think of stupid people, rick alan?

Someone here, Brian Shaw, said I should look for poly board. So I thought of buying a Vettore Large Non Slip Poly Cutting Board. I found this on Amazon.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@foodpump. Many thanks for your helpful comments. Maybe I was not correct in describing my favorite knife as "serrated", because it is not serrated like the kind you use for bread (I have a couple of those also). It is beveled on one side. It is scary sharp and I just love it.

Maybe I don't understand how to describe it (my best knife); it looks like this:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.