Chef Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So total off topic but I thought if there is any parent here who is Chinese-American (or maybe you are the parent of a Chinese American kid) maybe you would have any bit of info that could be helpful to us. My son Lucas is struggling with math and science in class, he is Chinese-American (I am your typical white Texas girl, my husband is born and raised Chinese) so Lucas speaks both English and Mandarin (and a little Spanish), he is in grade 10 and ever since the pandemic started, with all the changes and weird school schedules we have just had to make things work as best as possible on his education, but this school year we are noticing this is not working anymore.

So I have been looking for help with physics, like tutors, or maybe even physics help online since he is thinking on doing the AP examination next year and he is struggling. and I haven't been successful in finding a tutoring school around here which would help him in both his first languages. Therefore, now I am looking for some online physics homework help, or online tutor.

A friend of mine told me she found the StudyPug program for tutoring, which appears to be a Canadian company and which offers services in Mandarin too, but I just want to see all my options.
Do any of you know of a tutoring company where I could find a bilingual statistics tutor in Chinese and English?
Also, anyone here has used the StudyPug website? I would love to hear opinions about it.

Thank you all in advance for your help, any link or phone for educational materials or AP tutoring schools are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you considered hiring a private tutor who just knows Chinese well to explain this discipline to your child?
In good news, I posted about this in another forum and I found a nice lady who is a tutor and knows pretty well both languages !!! I honestly posted in a few of my communities just to see if it worked and it did, so I am happy!

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
21 Posts
In good news, I posted about this in another forum and I found a nice lady who is a tutor and knows pretty well both languages !!! I honestly posted in a few of my communities just to see if it worked and it did, so I am happy!

Thanks for the reply!
Good, I'm glad that you found a solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts