Chef Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) New one here, from Southern Ca. Just in my second career..Culinary Arts/Restuarant Managment. (was a preschool teacher) Into the middle of my 1st year and loving it, amoung the dings,cuts and burns! I do have some questions, that Ill always ask. I love to cook..but not always 24/7. I go crazy in my class with pastries/baking so Im thinking this will be my bext step more to learn. So pleased to finally find a place like this!! So much great stuff.

shortamazon

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome shortamazon! There are lots of us here who are on our second (third, fourth :crazy: ) careers. So you should find plenty of support and advice. And I would think that your pre-school teaching background is almost ideal when it comes to dealing with the organized chaos of a kitchen running at full tilt :D .

When you say that you "go crazy" in your baking class, does that mean it drives you crazy or you've fallen in love with baking and pastries?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) Thank you for the warm welcome. Im enjoying this Culinary Arts/Resturant Managment more than I did when I was a preschool teacher. But I do miss te kids sometimes..different personalities to thier creativeness w/ helping my make something. I go crazy..lol..I love baking/ pastries. Yet..so does my family. :p Every day I make something or a invention of food. :)Im surprsed that at my age 32 Im not being much sterio- typed. Its only frustrating when the kids in my class (18-24) act like 2 year olds when the chef isnt around. Some of us had/ or continue to have expeirence of it.

Thank you for you welcome again...

shortamazon

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe, shortamazon! Have a look around and enjoy the wealth of information and great fellowship here. I'm a teacher (middle school) and I agree that the ability to deal with five or then things at once and stay sane is a great advantage in a kitchen. I did a short stint in the kitchen while in college, so I have an inkling.

Enjoy yourself! We'll look forward to your posts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome. I cant believe I didnt see that..life of culinary art student. Just got a job as "Student Manager" (for the new ones coming in. Ya!

shortamazon

·
Registered
407 Posts
Students behave if you give the naughty ones the potwash duties...or you can always beat them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.