Chef Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still fairly new to cheftalk so I thought I should just say HI!!and thanks for the fun and ispiration. My life of cooking is pretty boring..I am a chef who works at a correctional facility. needless to say it isn't very challenging.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dear CrookCook:

Welcome to the Chef Talk Cafe!

Your position sounds extremely challenging! Do you work at a large facility? How many meals daily?

I am looking forward to your posts.

Best regards,

:)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Welcome to Chef Talk Crookcook!

Nice to meet you.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Just a warm welcome, Crookcook!

Au contraire, your job seems pretty challenging to me. Please fill us in. I would like to know more about menus for inmates...

:chef:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome Crookcook. I spent most of 1991 through 1995 working on the programming and installation of a commissary and cashier system for the NYC Jails, so I have a feel for your environment. From a foodie standpoint, my stongest memory is the Bronx House of Correction where the cook seemed to make curry for lunch EVERY DAY! The whole place reeked of curry!:p

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of Lucky Luke & the Daltons.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Please please please don't make curry every day - some of us cannot abide turmeric, it smells like my grandmother's attic, and I'm sure it would drive me to violence!! This would never be a good thing in a correctional facility! I blend my own spices for curry, but I bet you can't afford that. How much does it cost to feed a prisoner per day?

Love~ Debbie

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
CrookCook,

Welcome aboard. The "Corporate Chef Inc" forum might be of interest to you, given your area of expertise.

Welcome!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Hi Crookcook,
I spent most of 1991 through 1995... oh never mind.
Hey, is it true that they cook most of the food with Salt P.?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I work in a halfway house type setting and we do all the cooking, as opposed to the prisons where the inmates do it all. It averages 4.08 a day to feed a resident. They eat typical caferteria food. Like today they had fish sanwiches for lunch and pizza for dinner. It is easy work and the pay and benefits are excellent. I do miss restaurant and hotel work though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good to have you on board CROOKCOOK,

any tales that entertain the mind as
good food entertains the palate and belly ?

:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.