Chef Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Chef talk! So grateful to have found you! After talking with the bank and several others it looks like it's happening.

I am certain for most members the industry is a life long thing.

I am just happy to be here. Meeting educated, passionate people.

· Registered
5,137 Posts
Welcome!! Glad you joined us. Owning a restaurant is definitely an E-ticket ride! I had been working in industry for 20 years in pretty much every position there is before I opened my restaurant. I thought I knew it all, what a learning curve though. I didn't know diddly!

I have also been told the two best days of an owner's life are:
1.) the day the restaurant opens
2.) the day the restaurant closes
I ain't going to argue or disagree. I do know that I have no regrets though. I also am pretty sure that I would have had regrets if I never did.
Embrace and enjoy your experience!! :~)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sounds like you're opening a restaurant. Where what type how many seats? Am I invited to come try out all the food ! :ROFLMAO:
Farm to table lakeside located on the west side of Atlanta...6,000 sqft. 28 tables, microbrewery, live music and dance floor....

Yes if things go according to schedule we should open in May 2024

I am creating this to help fund our non-profit organization that serves the veterans in need.

I am excited to invite you....

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's sits on a 6.5 acre lot, it was our home. Originally built by a WW2 Veteran, so the place has only been owned by veterans. We wanted to make sure after we died the place would remain and continue to be a welcoming place that truly cares for veterans. Later the Corp of Engineers came and put a 35acre private lake. So its right in town but feels utterly surrounded in nature and has the best views in the entire area. So we paid it off and donated it to the non-profit for this purpose. I would be honored to have you come!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel so humbled and excited 😊 waiting to see who comes to join us on this truly epic adventure we are going on. As a combat veteran you better believe when I come, I put it all on the line, bring the heat and deliver the goods. This is a culmination of my and my husband's life work...we ain't forking around lolz...I have been making silly fork jokes all week in my head...please forgive

· Registered
276 Posts
It's sits on a 6.5 acre lot, it was our home. Originally built by a WW2 Veteran, so the place has only been owned by veterans. We wanted to make sure after we died the place would remain and continue to be a welcoming place that truly cares for veterans. Later the Corp of Engineers came and put a 35acre private lake. So its right in town but feels utterly surrounded in nature and has the best views in the entire area. So we paid it off and donated it to the non-profit for this purpose. I would be honored to have you come!
Send some pics! And the menu.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going 100 miles an hour here...1st I want to make sure it is understood what I am saying about the build, the home is small, cute Tudor style build. We are going to add a brand new building and do a tie in. So the pics of course only reveal the current state. I do have pics, video, drone footage, I do have a 3d sketch up of what the structure will look like when completed.
2nd I believe to be successful we all have to know and stick to our roles. I am not chef, I have no menu. I have concepts and desires that I think are vital, such as farm to table fresh, I have another 30 acres so I thought it would be cool to let the chef consider this their personal garden, I am not opposed to live butchery even. The forested land has deer and turkey mainly.
This will be a custom designed built kitchen and restaurant for the chef.
I am looking for a chef who is looking for a place such as this to make it their own.
I will be expecting us to work and compete for a spot on Team USA! Olympic culinary team...and I am confident we can structure a deal that is both fair and pleasing for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if the chef makes more than me. I just feel privileged to be given this opportunity to serve our community. And build an amazing team that executes at high caliber and loves every minute of it.
I am happy to say to my future chef, I am a hard worker and I already got us free nationwide publicity through the Full Throttle magazine. The owners are friends and happy to promote 😊 also they have a restaurant closer to Atlanta and all their biker guys and clubs will be riding through! 😉 I offered them a lease option first but it was too much they already do Daytona too.
Anyway pics and stuff gimme a minute and let me see if I can't come back and post a link.
By the way...here are the demographics within the given radi. 7mi population count is 48,000 10mi 70,000 15mi 151,000 20mi 390,053 our target volume is 350-500 customers a day serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch 😋

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome!! Glad you joined us. Owning a restaurant is definitely an E-ticket ride! I had been working in industry for 20 years in pretty much every position there is before I opened my restaurant. I thought I knew it all, what a learning curve though. I didn't know diddly!

I have also been told the two best days of an owner's life are:
1.) the day the restaurant opens
2.) the day the restaurant closes
I ain't going to argue or disagree. I do know that I have no regrets though. I also am pretty sure that I would have had regrets if I never did.
Embrace and enjoy your experience!! :~)
Love ❤ this...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts