Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... I am brand new to this forum and am quite intrigued with it. I am a 36 year old single father that had to learn how to cook the hard way... buy wrecking everything for a while. Since all of my falures I have grown to love cooking. I am not up on all the jargin nor am I up on all the different techniques but love to cook none the less.

I have enjoyed reading all of your you posts and find some of the topics quite entertaining.

Currently I am unemployed due to massive cut backs and have had a difficult time finding employment. For the first time in my life I'm over qualified for everything. Oh Well... Life goes on.

When I was younger, in high school and college I worked exclusively in fine dining establishments as a waiter. I have some stories about kitchen injuries that I will post later.

I hope to get quite a bit out of this forum... I just hope I have something to offer in return.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Welcome to Chef Talk E-RacerX! It's nice to meet you.

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Welcome, from one Cheesehead to another! This is the BEST place on the web, bar none. We'll look forward to your exciting (and gruesome?) stories, E-RacerX! Ever considered jumping from FOH to BOH (that is, from waiting tables to kitchen work)?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome to ChefTalk! :chef: You'll find all the food resources you would ever need right here!! Your participation is all you need to offer... welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!:D

No, Mezzaluna, I never considered switching to the kitchen because I was making too much money and having too much fun as a waiter. In my younger days I was what you would call a glutton for attention, and I got plenty of that being out front!!!:D

Working in the restaurants provided me with plenty of money for college. I never considered cooking as anything other than a way to fill my belly. Since then I have truly grown to love it, although my kids still won't eat half the stuff I cook! hehehe.

Once again... thanks to all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.