Chef Forum banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

· Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Turkey Pot Pie

It’s time to wrap up the annual Thanksgiving celebration… eat the leftovers or throw them out. I can’t throw them out; that isn’t in my DNA!
Yeah I can't throw out leftovers either. I cringe when I see people do that without a second thought. Not in my world! Excellent call on the biscuit "crust"!!

· Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Lemon Posset

And the final entry from me... a very old dessert that is both simple and delicious. Who doesn't like citrus-curdled sweetened cream?

The Meyer lemon tree is bearing an abundance of fruit this year...
To me this dish is a perfect sumation of everything that is great about the exploration and enjoyment of the culinary arts. You can't get much fresher and local than your own tree right outside the door. Product on hand that needs to be used. The zen minimalist beauty of less is more as far as ingredients and simplicity of production, goes. Simply sublime!!!

· Registered
2,879 Posts
I think that lemon tree deserves a prize :)

How do you make that dough Brian?
To me, that looks like puff pastry or at least flaky pastry.
(Semantics remark: in my English, biscuits are like marie buscuits. Flat & crispy. Your look great, just not what I expected when I read "biscuit") :)

· Registered
2,879 Posts
In the picture of the finished nasi goreng are those krupuk?
Correct!
I took the dried version with me on my last visit to the Netherlands (as well as emping).
I got a baby wok with oil standing ready, so whenever I get the craving, it's just a couple of minutes to deep fry them :)

· Registered
4,613 Posts
I think that lemon tree deserves a prize :)

How do you make that dough Brian?
To me, that looks like puff pastry or at least flaky pastry.
(Semantics remark: in my English, biscuits are like marie buscuits. Flat & crispy. Your look great, just not what I expected when I read "biscuit") :)
I should have used an adjective to avoid confusion: AMERICAN biscuit.

Tin Aluminum can Tin can Liquid Paint

· Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I just wanted to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone that posted and participated in this month’s challenge. Hard to believe but it is rapidly coming up on its 10th year anniversary, since starting back in April 2013.

This month, 28 dishes were submitted, and they covered a vast array of categories (drinks, apps, entrees, desserts, etc), styles, and cuisines. I would have happily consumed every single dish submitted, simply outstanding work by all. Some have already been stolen and made by me at home. Others will be in the near future, there just isn’t enough time dammit! Kudos everyone!!!

Picking one dish was near impossible. I waffled, fretted, and stewed. I picked this one, then changed my mind and went with that one; and so on and so on. Such variety. So many quality submissions. Back and forth and all over the place.

It finally came down to crunch time, I had no choice but to pull on my big boy chef pants and make a decision.

The winner of this month’s challenge is mike9 and his good old fashioned MEAT LOAF. It is hard to argue with a dish that has people asking when are you going to make it because #1 - it's delicious and #2 - it makes the best sandwiches. That is a win/win and truly nice signature to have.

Sauteing veg in bacon fat, sourdough soaked in milk, oh yeah! I am also a fan of free form, better caramelization; not to mention kicked up catsup and bacon. What’s not to love? So kudos and congrats to mike9 for a well earned victory over tough competition!

I am looking forward to what you decide on for the subject of December's Challenge! :)

Once again, thanks to all!!! :love:

· Registered
2,843 Posts
Good Job MoTone. I too do very much love meatloaf.

Give us something good to close out the year.

Reactions: butzy
101 - 115 of 115 Posts