Chef Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we've discussed disgusting and favourites, do you have a pet that has a food it absolutely cannot resist or goes bonkers for?

My cat, Pecan, thinks she's all woman (she's been fixed). Her 3 passions in life are men, chocolate and roses--not necessarily in that order!

In order to piecefully eat chocolate, you have to shut her out of the room! She thinks Ben & Jerry's with any hint of chocolate was made just for her!! She will pace the hall and meow outside the door if she thinks you are eating without her! If someone has a bag with chocolate inside, she tries to wriggle her way in to retrieve her prize. I really don't know what to do about this habit, it can be embarassing!

She hates seafood but adores strawberries--who knows--

To anyone upset over the idea that I may be feeding her chocolate, we don't-intentionally-but she has stolen more than one chocolateout of the candy bowl...her brand of choice, Ghiaridelli!

·
Registered
199 Posts
You guys crack me up! Anyway, my cat is nuts (haha) for peanut butter! My friend, the nun, went to my house to make these snacks with p-nut butter. I remembered to ask her later if CAT tried to get at her p-nut butter. She did. Another time, I came home and my roomie and her friends told me that CAT went and licked all the nuts. (they were unsalted BTW) She doesn't really care about food, and usually eats when she sees me eating. She likes getting pet better.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Bizarre as it seems, apparently, chocolate and cats dont mix. Not quite as toxic for animals as aspirin but not real good for them either.

My cat loves it too. He also likes potato chips with a passion.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well one time I went outside to go feed my dog after work and saw that he was chewing on something for a long time. He hadn't been fed and I was wondering what he was eating for a long time. Come to find out, he was chewing in some chewing gum. I couldn't stop laughing! Well actually when I feed my pets the dog eats the cat's food and the cat eats the dog's food, go figure! And the parakeets like parsley and go crazy for applejuice.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
My cat, a siamese blue point loves chicken with a passion. She can be asleep in the living room sofa and I'll be working in the kitchen. While I cut and prepare veggies or anything else. She'l remain in the living room but the minute I take the chicken out of the fridge she'll come running over and beg for a piece. No other meat has such a effect on her.

Here you can get bbq chicken deliver. I do order some about once a year if I feel really crappy and have nthing to eat. As soon as the delivery guy sets foot in the door she is all over him. It's so funny to watch her.

Her two other passion are fortune cookie, no idea why, she would eat the whole cookie if I let her be.

Lastly, something she doesn't have too often but also drives her crazy, smoke salmon. She would go as far as getting on the table to steal a piece then hide to eat it. If no one is giving her a piece she'll climb on every person to try to catch a piece with her paw.

Sisi

·
Registered
137 Posts
I feed two cats. The first, my own Jessica, I've had for years. The other, Tiny, actually has another home and only comes to visit because he likes the menu here.
Mostly they get dry cat food, but twice a day they get a dab of some sort of treat. Usually it's canned tuna, but on rare occasions it might be ham. The funniest part is, she goes nuts over cooked chicken livers, which he won't touch, while he loves salmon, which she won't eat. Go figure, just like people.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
kitty likes to lick the water off your feet when you come out of the shower.
kitty likes butter cream.
kitty likes to sleep on the newspaper while you read it.
kitty likes to lick the cheese off the pizza.
kitty likes mayonaise.
kitty has been known to say your name when REALLY hungry. *yes, a talking cat*

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
My girlfriend's boy cat loves mangos and raisins. My girl ferret also loves to lick water off of me when I get out of the shower, m brown. My boy ferret goes nuts for chocolate and pizza. One time, when I had looked away for a second he pulled a whole Tombstone pizza down on top of himself. Not only did it not phase him, he was trying to pull the whole thing underneath the couch. Both ferrets also go crazy for "Flavor-ice" popsicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.