Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a Blodgett double stack gas oven for my store. There was a warning saying that if we are above 2000 ft elevation that we would need a technician to come in and adjust the oven. Well my store is at 4000 ft so I will need to make some adjustments but I don't know who to call.

1. What needs to be done to the OVEN (not the recipe) to produce the same cookies?
2. What type of technician should I call? Is this just a job for a regular handy man or do I need to call in a specialized person and if so, where could I find someone like that?

Thank you sooooo much! This is urgent!

·
Premium Member
11,708 Posts
Any brand certified technician or repairman for the brand should be capable of doing the job. Check with your oven vendor they'll probably have a list of recommendations.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
At 4000ft the lesser oxygen in the atmosphere means that the oxygen/gas mix on your oven has to be tweaked. A technician from your local gas company can come do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.