Chef Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me a few brand names of "good" pepper mills. Not fancy, just good (quality mechanism) and at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Jack

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I second that. Peugeot is THE BEST!

You will find more about pepper mills in the Equipment Forum

Click here

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the Chef Specialties Professional wood pepper mills.  These are made in USA, and beat Peugeot mill in a blind test in the Le Cordon Bleu kitchens in Paris!  LCB branded these mills for awhile.  You usually have to look for these mills in foodservice showrooms!  The hunt for these mills is well worthwhile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any Proof(Article) behind the statement of being supported by Le Courdon Bleu. Im considering purchasing a new Peppermill. thanks
I like the Chef Specialties Professional wood pepper mills. These are made in USA, and beat Peugeot mill in a blind test in the Le Cordon Bleu kitchens in Paris! LCB branded these mills for awhile. You usually have to look for these mills in foodservice showrooms! The hunt for these mills is well worthwhile.

·
Banned
8,550 Posts
I like wooden mills for their looks and feel, but every one I've had as eventually become very gummy on the outside, unpleasant to hold, and impossible to clean.  If that weren't enough of a problem, moisture also attacked the bottom where the mechanism was, which then tended to clog. 

For kitchen use, give me metal or plastic.  For the table, where they're not handled with wet hands or set on a wet counter -- wood is great.

You can't beat an Atlas for looks, longevity, or function.

BDL 

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.