Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick FYI...In case anybody is going to be in Philadelphia the first week of April, the Books and Cooks event will be taking place. Leading up to the event on the weekend, several celeb-chefs will be hosting dinners at local spots. Georges Perrier, Mary Sue Miliken/Susan Fenniger, Lidia Bastianich, Charlie Palmer, to name a few will be around. I am going to the Blue Angel for dinner w/Anthony Bourdain!! Its a great opportunity to check out some food by some interesting folks.

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Do I envy you! :D (See how green I am?) Lidia is someone whose books and shows I adore. Wish I could meet her someday. Her sensibilities about flavors jibe with mine- I love to watch her taste her cooking! She obviously enjoys what she does. Lucky Lidia, lucky restaurant patrons, too.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wish I could go to the event! I like Georges Perrier's attitude. He always has an upbeat and comical but serious approach to his agenda that he is trying to fullfill. I would like to work for a guy with that type of attitude. I like chef's with a sence of humor in the kitchen.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got to meet Lidia a few years back at the Meals with Masters in Wilmington. She is a down-to-earth lady. As for Georges Perrier, I hear he has a HOT :mad: temper. Ever see him on Great Chefs? He yells at his assistant during the program. :eek: Anyhow, I can't wait to go for dinner!! I'll fill you in...

·
Registered
379 Posts
So Jim,

How was dinner in Philadelphia with Georges Perrier, Mary Sue Miliken/Susan Fenniger, Lidia Bastianich, Charlie Palmer, etc.?

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.