Chef Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing in the kitchen a couple of days ago with a whole wheat crust I bought at an interesting bakery near Columbia, mo.
Anyway pulled out a can (EEEK) of leche (caramel) added roasted pecans, made a pastry cream (Lenotre) added chocolate chips
cooled it pre baked the shell....
whole wheat pie crust with caramel (leche) roasted pecans, chocolate pastry cream and whipped cream on top...
I was trying to figure out what this was...turtle pie>>>>not really.... not sure there's anything out there like this.

?????Does it have a name? and do you have any fun pies/desserts that are made up concotions that don't have a "name".

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what would you name them? I hate naming stuff....there are so many shroomgirl surprises out there.... I'm such a literal thinker, it is very easy to make up novel combinations ..it's the naming that's horribly hard....ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd never thrown chocolate chips into hot pastry cream before....I like it!!!When it cools down overnight it has a great texture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.