Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have often made a Habanero-red pepper jelly using liquid pectin (CERTO). I never had to make more than a couple quarts at a time at the restaurant so I always just picked some up at the store. Now the owners of the place I work at now want to use it with our bread service, so I must make lots of it (gallons at a time). I can not find any purveyors who sell liquid pectin, only powdered. My question is: What is the conversion factor from liquid to powdered? And do I need to increase the pectin in direct proportion to the rest of the recipe? If anyone out there has the answers to these questions please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
pectin *

Equivalents:** 2 tablespoons liquid pectin = 4 teaspoons powdered pectin

(Liquid pectin contains sulfite, which can cause an allergic reaction in people with sulfite sensitivites, but powdered pectin does not.)

From foodsubs.com

·
Super Moderator
7,186 Posts
Sulfites shouldn't be a problem... unless you're one of the 100,000 or so steroid dependent asthmatics in the US. I'm not sure if you need to put a label on it or not. Gotta check on that.

Kuan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.