Chef Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fyi I spent some time today checking out some food related sites with the ability to post your Questions etc., A number of these pages are very well known and followed by many,many people world wide. For the most part they we're not really user friendly and to be honest with you if you need your shoes repaired (shoe makers) check out some related sites. See you when you return
cc

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
In French we say: Les cordonniers sont les plus mal chausses. Meaning, the shoemakers have the worse shoes.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Marye,

Never heard the one about the son of the shoemaker being born a prince. The only shoemaker proverb is the one I mentioned. I checked the dictionary pink's page and didn't see anything else either. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Marye,

I see by your answer that you must have somewhere a touch of french blood.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not to deflect attention from the Great Shoemaker Riddle, but ... was the original point that Cheftalk has the most useful board?

I mean, not to butter anybody up but that's why I hang around here. Plus learning French aphorisms, etc.

If there's a better cooking questions board I'd like to hear about it.

[This message has been edited by Live_to_cook (edited 12-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Live_to_cook (edited 12-04-2000).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.