·
Registered
379 Posts
I also use rum in my breadpudding;

- Calvados in apple pie;
- Poire-William in Bavarian cream;
- Cognac or Brandy in sauce for Steak au Poivre;

to name a few...

Did you also have wine in mind? I use wine just about everywhere!

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
No more than one tbsp of whiskey per 3 quarts of chicken stock. Calvados added to pate forcemeat. Beer in crepe batter.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I make a rum anglaise that I serve with a warm chocolate,banana bread pudding.

Also I rub 1/2 inch thick slices of pineaplle with brown raw suger and drizzel with barboncort(Haitian rum) and then grill, then I place then in banana leaves top with a fresh piece of mahi and chopped lemon grass and ****** lime leaf,wrap and steam and serve with sticky rice

Rum Creme brulle

cc

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I always put a tablespoon or two of rum in my amandine. It's great in the fruit cakes, I always macerate the fruits in rum for ar least 24 hours before making the cakes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used to macerate a nice piece of lime in a 1/2 rum, 1/2 coca cola mixture. This was generally good over ice. After several of these, I became Mofo Beard, the "yard pirate." (I usually drank these outside.) "Avast ye maties!!!" "Set a course for divorce court!!!" Needless to say, it is probably a good thing I quit.

ARRRRGH!! Where's me buckin hat? My bucanneers are cold! :D

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
A little off the subject, but my new favorite rum drink is a "Dark & Stormy. Gosling's rum and ginger beer serviced over ice. These things are not only addictive, they are TROUBLE!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
A little off the subject, but my new favorite rum drink is a "Dark & Stormy. Gosling's rum and ginger beer serviced over ice. These things are not only addictive, they are TROUBLE!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
WOW!!! Sorry about the triple post. I swear, it's my computer. I have not... I repeat...I have not had too many Dark & Stormy's before I sat down to Cheftalk.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
That's okay Pete, happens to me too. Glitch in system, that's what it is...

:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.