Chef Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have krampouz crepe maker laying on garage for years, and now it collecting a lot of rust.

I am trying to figure out if I could remove rust from this crepe maker.

If anyone could point me any direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,709 Posts
Can you remove the cooking surface? If so it should be reasonably easy to restore. But restoring it in place would be risky imho with metallic particles washing down into the electrical parts.

But if the surface is pitted, removing the rust may not be enough. The pitted surface may cause problems with sticking and burning even after removing the rust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wonder if you can’t turn it on and get it hot. The wipe down with cooking oil. I have had cast iron pans and Dutch ovens, and steel woks that have had rust on them. The oil can cut through the rust and removes it, it will take some elbow grease and may wreck a towel or two…

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
A light fine grit sand paper will remove the rust. Or you could use Naval jelly. Available at the hardware store, it will remove the rust. After a few minutes wipe it off with paper towels or cloth and wash the surface with a little soap and water. Warm it to dry then coat with a light film of cooking oil and reseason it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts