Chef Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Food Ingredient Yellow Cuisine Cake decorating
Regardless of your views on the subject, you'll have to admit this very unique wedding cake made this past weekend for an old friend finally marrying his true love, is very well.
I know some satirical humor went into its design.

·
Registered
97 Posts
great cake, unfortunately my kitchen brain went to a bad place and was going to make an inappropriate comment but i seem to be maturing because i refuse to go there, how many others thought the same thing?
i went there like a butter on bread mate. but i got into trouble by the mods lat time i said something so
i be behave.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I also am not getting the joke, if it's a joke.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
great cake, unfortunately my kitchen brain went to a bad place and was going to make an inappropriate comment but i seem to be maturing because i refuse to go there, how many others thought the same thing?
How very mature of you.
The meaning of the cake is personal to the Groom and Groom. Needless to say (...and I can't on a family oriented website) the baker did a fabulous job.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I don't get it but I don't have to. Yes, the theme of this cake means something to the groom and groom and the pastry chef conveyed it. Like the old saying goes, "you had to be there".
A friend of ours, who either likes to collect shoes or has accumulated dozens of shoes had a birthday party. Her brother, an award winning pastry chef created a cake with shoes all over it for the occasion.

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
A few years back I got an order for a cake, all black icing, no other decoration, with the inscription “ugh!”. So when the customer came to pick it up, carrying black balloons and party favours, I HAD to chat her up.

It was for a bridal shower. Seems her and the other girls did not approve of the bride’s choice of husband....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.