Chef Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why I think the right type of saw teeth will help. They vary from giant ones for wood, to tiny for metal and everywhere in between.

I got mine for home repair stuff, but I'm always happy with multitaskers. Just curious if anyone has already tried. Of course id sterilize.the whole thing / have separate blades. Wouldnt want metal filings in my pork after all!

· Registered
5,290 Posts

Butcher band saw blades are designed
for bone in and frozen meat block cutting
applications providing fast, clean,
accurate cuts and producing higher yields

· Registered
4,601 Posts
That's why I think the right type of saw teeth will help. They vary from giant ones for wood, to tiny for metal and everywhere in between.

I got mine for home repair stuff, but I'm always happy with multitaskers. Just curious if anyone has already tried. Of course id sterilize.the whole thing / have separate blades. Wouldnt want metal filings in my pork after all!
I worry more about bone fragments that metal filing.

I use a hacksaw. For splitting spines... an axe and rubber mallet.

· Registered
3,362 Posts
Regular bi-metal blades work fine and I didn't see any paint on my bone ends.  You have to wipe cuts down regardless  They do make bone blades for sawzalls btw.  We used mine on a deer last winter and it worked fine.  Get a blade longer than you think you'll need and buy several.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.