Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some scallops to stir fry with some Chinese brocoli. My question is how are the scallop supposed to smell like. Do they have a sweet odor and are they suppose to look like pearly white with maybe a slight hint of pinkness. They resemble fresh lychees to me.

I've bought some cryoc vac High Liner scallops in the past and found those to not have smell at all and thought they tasted very good. :confused: The "fresh" scallops I buy always seem to have this sweet odor, is that normal? Or are my "fresh" scallops actually spoiled. thanks.

:chef:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replys, but every grocery store I've been to, the scallops sit in that "preservative" you speak of. I did not know that, wowee, I learn something new everytime I post here :bounce: I might stick to the vac pack kind from now on.

I noticed while i was searing them that they do give off a lot of water. I follow the general guideline of I think it was 3 mins per side. I find that even though I think I'm overcooking my scallops, they always seem to come out on the "raw" side. :confused:
practice, practice I guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.