Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Hi Dracu...

I tend to keep my preparations to trout fairly simple,as it is a delicate species.
Try dredging a fillet in 1/2 semolina and 1/2 corm meal,sautee a minute or two on each side top with a little lemon segments (meyer) if you can get them and some lardons of bacon.serve that over some lightly sauteed spinach with crispy fried potatos (fine dice)it's light,has texture and the smoke and the citrus are happy campers together,and the trouts natural sweetness is really highlighted.
Just an idea
cc

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Hi Iza... :)

That is a great way to prepare many types of fish. All snappers and bass I cook I cook skin side down never turn it..but I tilt the pan and baste it with the pan juices and oils
Just be sure when serving scale fish with the skin on that you run the back of your knife over the skin to remove all the scales. I also cut a tic tac toe pattern in the skin (not to deep)this will prvent the fish from trying to do a summersalt in your pan.
cc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.