Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in need of self rising flour yesterday but I had none home. I figure I could probably make some myself so I checked the internet. My problem is that I found so many version I didn't know which one I could trust. All the recipes called for all purpose flour, salt and baking powder. The amount of baking powder varied from1 to 2 teaspoon per cup of flour. Other version also had baking soda.

Could someone please tell me what the standard are for creating self rising flour?

Thanks for your help!

Sisi

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cchiu,

Thanks for the suggestion. After another trip to the store I know I can eliminate any version that includes baking soda. It seems self rising flour only contains baking powder and salt plus flour of course.

Thanks!

Sisi

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
If you don't get a response you are satisfied with, I would recommend using a recipe from a website you trust, or that provides the recipe for what you are using it for (like cake vs. bread)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
If you don't get a response you are satisfied with, I would recommend using a recipe from a website you trust, or that provides the recipe for what you are using it for (like cake vs. bread)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, this is very interesting. I'll have to check that book.

Thanks Jesse!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.