Chef Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
cheesecake, choc cake, pie , keep it simple, buy everything possible precut.
The last thing I'd want is to be in the weeds and someone orders a convoluted dessert.

if its lunch, i had a lunch cafe and can't recall selling any desserts at lunch, I'm a pastry chef but I bought most of the pastry at restaurant depot ( we did a lot of catering).
At lunch they just want to eat and scoot , at dinner they tend more to dine.

· Registered
346 Posts
Yes I can see that looks fairly simple, cheese cakes fairly simple to make and chock chip cakes just baking off flour and egg. and an apple pie very very simple

Agreed! maybe forget about home made ice cream and things like souffle and stuff

Interesting! The alcohol licence (which includes the trading hours) is 12 noon til 9/ 10.30 pm So I guess there will be a bit of bough

Dose this include kids as well?
industrial area next to a train station , never saw kids.

· Registered
346 Posts
Hah! after googleing it all. I have just worked out what root beer is now, its the bottles of unfermented guinness that they sell in the Asian cash and carry down the road

All it is, is a dark bitter with the hops to give it the bitterness and the unfermented sugar to give it the sweetness.

Question; could I make my own root beer out of a can/ tin of home brew liquid malt extracts?
You can buy ingredients in a root or winemaking store, we bought dandy lion and burdock roots to make our own and it tasted a lot better than American root beer. The wintergreen ruins it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts