Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have found this wonderful forum while looking for information on how to create a Chef's Garden.

What I am wanting to do is create a small indoor box garden that contains some basic herbs used for cooking and/or garnishing. I know that certain plants grow better next to one another and want to capitalize on the experience found here.

Can anyone recommend a resource (or post your suggestion) on a layout (see below), and on what plants I should use (I know what I use but want your recommendations)?

Thanks
Dave

Thyme Parsley
Basel Rosemary
Mint Oregano

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi CC and CChiu,

Thanks for the fantastic information!!

Here is the background that prompted my question (sorry, I should have included this before). I live in a third floor apartment with east, west, and north facing windows. There is garden space in the backyard but again, I live on the third floor.

The goals I have estibilished are to:
-Have herbs in the kitchen ready to use.
-Create something visually appealing.
-Introduce new scents into my kitchen.

After reading both of your posts, i'm thinking about using the "stawberry pot" idea. I have room on my back deck for one and another on my kitchen window sill.

What I may do is plant them in the garden downstairs and keep the "starters" upstairs.

Thanks again to both of you for the help!

Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mudbug,

What a great idea!

Sorry for the late reply, I lost the link to cheftalkcafe and have been away from the computer and the kitchen for quite sometime (and too long).

Thanks,
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.