Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks like you got some good suggestions from lynne on areas to look into. I like the idea and think that there is a need out there for that type of job. Very often you have your dessert just put on a plate and served lacking any presentation at all. As to weither there are any desserts you need I don't know. There are alot of quality(compared to what they used to be) frozen desserts out there that allow even the non-baker to put out a presentable product, although the final touches are still missing. The problem w/ alot of these items is that you have a portion cost approuching(sp) $2.00 or more. That being said if you could teach a lower cost better looking, tasting etc. product that would be good.
In the spirit of "what's in it for me" you would have to show the operartor how they could increase sales and lower the cost of those sales. I think that $250 for the day would be fair w/ maybe follow-up classes for say $175-$200 for the folks who value your service and want to continue as a inservice program. By the way I think Lynnes idea of the portfolio was great. Good luck

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.