Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone attend or have any feelings on Stratford U. of Culinary Arts? (Near D.C in Falls Church, VA) Visited the school yesterday- Had a good feeling about it.. small class sizes, appeared to be a good learning environment- Hoping someone out there has attended or worked w/ a chef that has...??? Comments and Feedback?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cape Chef. I have scheduled a 2nd trip to 'sit in' on a class. This is the 3rd school I have now visited and I am confident that ambition and attitude of the pupil makes all the difference.

Other advice? always appreciated. -Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tetsuryu-

I'll tell you what I know so far....and then if anyone else chimes in w/ info we'll be better off- According to the admissions officer that gave me the tour- all the Chef's are grads of either CIA or J&W and they have tried to model thier program after those programs. Length for A.O.S is 2 years...unless your transferring in credits from another school or degree. (which is my case).

At this point, I hope to start in May- I have taken the advice of others on here and work PT in the field to be sure. I still have the FT cubeland job~ and it has cut into my social/ relaxing time....but, I'd much rather be at the PT job then doing anything else....even sleep~ scary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tetsuryu-

I did what you mentioned. Went in willing to wash dishes and now am working on the Line. I did have bkg working in a kitchen years ago.....but, that really didn't do anything for me. I just make sure to show up and be on time and that has done wonders so far ;).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.