Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's interesting. I am in Oregon, and I heard that suckling pig was popular in California Restaurants. Also, Chinese restaruants, here, are looking for suckling pigs for Banquets and Weddings and such. They can't find them USDA inspected. I think I could build a business on growing them.

·
Founder
4,582 Posts
I used to work at Les Nomades in Chicago and one of their signature dishes was roast suckling pig with dijon mustard. It was very tender, very tasty, and very popular. I am suprised more restaurants don't offer it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In your opinion, how large can they be? Length and weight. What does the perfect suckling pig look like before/after it is roasted? How many ways can it be prepared? How many will it feed? What is the cost? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
At the hotel where I work in NY, we have suckling pig on the menu every day. It's boned out and stuffed with a farce and then baked. I feel bad because they are so small. It's almost like it never even saw daylight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.