Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Remember this thread from a while ago?

Please try to spare the endangered Padagonian toothfish, and use that 'compatible' fish!!! Mahi-mahi is yummy with macadamia nuts, so is opah if you can get it; even snapper and catfish - although I do catfish with a pecan crust and brown butter sauce.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-07-2002 06:07 PM

Dear Abby
Cafe Chef

My Dear Cape Chef,

If Dear Abby's kitchen boy ever retires, would you be interested in applying for the post?

Dear Abby is roasting you, of course. But my, what a delicious sounding recipe. Is there any objection to using actual sea bass for the sea bass recipe?

Abby

03-07-2002 08:44 PM

cape chef
Cafe Moderator

Dear Abby...

The sea bass would work very well, it does not however have the same fat content of some of the other fin fish I recommened.

So, I would under cook the Bass a tad to keep it's coligen in the flesh.

Also, Dear Abby, This is not the season for sea bass, it is a benifit to the species only to fish them in season (June/July/August)

Now the bass are happy to hold there roe.

Also, chilian sea bass (the real deal) is being so over fished, that what we see on the market is a charade or a mock of the real fish.

Dear Abby, I am flattered by your proposel for a job, but...you couldn't afford me.

BTW, are you still in syndication?

More and More food is coming canned or pre-packaged, including food for thought.

03-07-2002 08:56 PM

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.