Chef Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Since we are on the topic of measurement could someone please tell me how many cups there are in a quart?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Thanks Cchui!

Amazing how fast you forget things like that when you don't use it. I am so use to the metric system I can't recall much if the imperial system.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Found this in a kitchenware catalog:

The three 4 inch long measuring spoons, link by a split ring, measure a dash, a pinch, and a smidgen, respectively, and are a great help when exact measurements are not supplied but a consistent result is desired....

·
Registered
618 Posts
perhaps im worng, but from where i stand,

1 pinch approx 7 grams
1 teaspoon approx 15 grams
1 tablespoon approx 30 grams
1 cup is 250 grams
1 kg is 1000 grams

sometimes and i means sometimes (specific or relative gravity laws applying) liquid and mass weights definitely differ. However, as a token weight measure being used, unless the specific or relative weight differs to a point where weighing is the only option, you should be able to convert metric to imperial.

i.e. 1 pound is approximately 500 to 550 grams metric.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I know Cchiu but it's really too bad because metric makes things so much easier.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I don't know why you don't convert to the metric system. It is so much easier to use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.