Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
If she wants to cook so much, your daughter should start teaching her! Just simple stuff at first, and always supervised, of course, but it's never too soon to start. Especially before her interest is diverted to something else.

My own daughter (almost four) helps me in the kitchen. She stirs, and measures, and I've been paying attention and think she's almost ready to start cutting things (she's very careful and pays close attention to what she does or I wouldn't consider it).

She also knows about hot ovens and stoves and is very careful around them. That came from when she was two, and wanted to touch the oven no matter how much I warned her that it was hot!! I always herded her away, till one day I had a casserole in my hands and she went to touch it. I said "No, it's hot!" And then I thought, ok, if she wants to touch it, fine. She'll learn quick enough. Sure enough, she touched it and burned her finger. After that, when I told her something was hot, she knew to stay clear. Ouch! :)

I guess my point is that with supervision, and instruction, kids of any age can start learning anything. It's never too soon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.