Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I remember these were trendy a while back... croquembouche. I also recall seeing in one of those fancy Christmas magazines something that would be nice: a "tree" of handmade chocolate truffles in various flavours and colours. I think those would be kind of fun.

What about chestnut cake (my favourite)? Of course, I'm actually a big fan of fruitcake myself, so the traditional kinds of groom's cake rather appeal. But you could do something different with the fruitcake: maybe tropical fruits? Or a yeast one?

Personally, the notion of the novelty racecar or boat shapes makes me gag. (I'm sure - gag - golf is another popular one, too. Bride gets Barbie and Ken, groom gets Hobby Done Without Bride. What a great omen.) But most things about what most conventional people seem to want in their weddings make me gag. I'd go for a simple square shape, with elegant but understated marzipan or chocolate wrap, or something architectural (see first paragraph!) every time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.