Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I am having a terrible time finding pictures of groom cakes. I need ideas, Ive looked everywhere.

Anyone know where I could find some ideas for a beautiful, interesting grooms cake?

thanx
eeyore

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. What I was really wanting were pictures to give me ideas about decorating it. I really dont see novelty cakes at weddings around here. Here they are always chocolate....and decorated as if it was an afterthought.

Well, I am a friend of the groom. The bride is getting a very expensive fancy-schmancy lady to do hers. (I think she is the highest priced decorator in the state.) So, I dont want a plain or silly cake. Plus none of that goes along with the personality of the groom.

ANYWAY, (as if you wanted to know all that) I have decided to do 2 square tiers of chocolate BC. with dark choc. filigris or lace work and chocolate roses. And the top tier a "basket" of marzipan fruit.

I got the ideas from the second site you posted Anna. Thanks a bunch.

eeyore

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.