Chef Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Super Moderator
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pizza Vino, California, uh 2005 vintage even. My wife bought it on a lark because she liked what it said on the label.

But... too bad it's undrinkeable. Even at $4 a bottle. :D It's like sour gasoline.

· Registered
48 Posts
A friend told me I was a wine snob and that I had to do a blind tasting with him and some of our other friends. Each person brought 3 bottles, and I discovered that, no, I am not a wine snob, cheap bad wine tastes like cheap bad wine regardless of whether I can see the label or not. I later found out that he had made me drink some jug wine from Carlos Rossi. It was by far the worst wine I have ever had (well, 2nd worst: several month old Manischewitz from my grandmothers refrigerator was the worst). :(:(:(

· Registered
1 Posts
Agreed firerose, 100%! I think for myself the worst I've ever had was this fisheye cabernet sauvignon, I think 2003, BUT I would preface by saying that other's that drank it with me actually found it to be good.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
I hear ya, although to be fair there are decent wines under 10$.

I drink blackstone merlot weekly and its 9.99 a bottle....

bogle petite syrah used to be like 10.99 until it was featured in food&wine

that red truck stuff though.....ooooffha.

· Registered
39 Posts
here's a heads up for you wine drinkers too. There's a not very well known deerflied wine that is sold in small quantities. It's called Red Rex, a cabernet Blend, it sells for about $23 in New York. It's a superb wine, best bang for buck, not cheap but not expensive. If you're feeling curious I recomend picking one up.

· Registered
4,802 Posts
One of the worst I've had was some homemade stuff at one party. It tasted sort of like a cat peed in some Welch's grape juice. At our Beach Party back in February, though, I had some homemade wine one guest brought that was way better than expected. I was impressed.

Someday I may get around to tasting what could be the worst wine I've ever had. Back in 1979 when my first wife and I got married a friend gave us a bottle of homemade wine. It is still sitting on the shelf. Maybe in 2009, 30 years later, I'll pop the cork and see what we've got.

mjb.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.