Chef Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, we talked about things we hate, as culinarians sometimes we like things we hate to fess up to. I'll start...........................

Kraft Mac N' Cheese, I beef it up a bit but it is very comforting to me, and although I love beluga and champagne I am just as satisfied by a big juicey cheese burger.

What are some of your secret comfort favorites?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
As a pastry chef I probably shouldn't like all the cheap packages of cookies and candy but I adore all sweets. Smarties, tooties rolls and neccos to frozen Sara Lee cakes, my sisters short cut toffee bars that are made with SALTINE crackers with brown sugar over them (so fake, but tastie).

Oh I also don't mind coolwhip on or in jello molds.....

this is gross, canned bought frosting on graham crackers late at night....

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Coca Cola
McDonald's fries
Popeye's fried chicken (the spicier version)
Cheezits
Wispride (with or without the "port Wine"), Velveeta, & Cheese Wiz

Sigh. Will any of you ever trust me again?:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I also love fried chicken, and snickers bars and twizzlers.

And I love to grab a couple of my kids Gummy worms when there not looking:D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Corn pops.

TIm Horton's donut holes, the chocolate ones.

I never buy those things because it's all I would eat.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'd have to agree with CC on the grilled cheese, PB&J and fried chicken. And Isa, the chocolate sour cream timbits are the best. Another item that I happen enjoy is a monte cristo sandwich with ketchup in it.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Velveeta and Cheez-Whiz make me really happy! :blush: :blush:

·
Registered
24 Posts
oh. I am gunna get in so much trouble if my chef's see this... hehehee
I like White Castles for breakfast.
For those not familiar with them, they are squishy greasy little hambugers that are steam grilled on a bed of onions.. I should work for them... I live in Arizona which has NO white castle restaraunts and I am dying. Thank god they have them frozen at the supermarket. I was raised in the midwest and it's ******'s all the way!!:lips:

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
frozen twinkies. beef hotdogs, saurkraut, canned chili. freshetta pizza.mac and cheese. fried fruit pies. that pea salad in the gallon milk container.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I once wanted to get a custom bumper sticker..."This truck brakes for potato chips." I'll eat anything that make that little man stop rattling the bars..snickers, crisp turkey skin, ice cream, and more ice cream, pizza I find irresistible.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Isn't it great that we are comfortable enough with each other that we can make these admissions?!

BTW, I forgot to mention Mars Bars (the dark chocolate version).;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm glad I started this thread, we're all just big kids at heart!

Oh, pork rinds...tater tots...and In N' Out burgers. The nice thing
about In N' Out is that everything is fresh down to the fries they peel, cut , and fry. In fact I need a burger and pizza fix at least twice a month! For you guys on the East Coast....In N' Out RULES!
Sorry White Castle........

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
momo,
Surely you jest! I can remember pea salad groing up in NY. A little different here, peas, cheddar (smoked or sharp) pearl onions,chopped onions, celery, ranch,Bam!! spices. I'll be back, I will have to make some or go to the Golden Corral to get some. I have never purchased anything else there, 4.99 unlimited salad bar, I load up on pea salad to go. They and you all probably think I'm nuts. Ya'll are right!!!!!:D :D :smiles: :smiles: :smoking: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Okay, you are all going to think I'm hopelessly PWT with this one....
I like Mircacle Whip.

I grew up eating it on cooked broccoli and spinach (it was the only way Mom could get us kids to eat vegetables). I can't bring it into the house without suffering no end of living grief about it.

But the best way to eat it is slathered on homemade white bread and tomato sandwiches.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.