Chef Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
Cranberry Salsa is pretty popular in Texas at this time of year -- pretty good if there's enough sugar to combat the tartness of the berries.

Neat served over a simple poached fish, grilled chicken, grilled sweet potatoes...

At the salsa bar yesterday...

greek (kalamata, feta, cukes with the standard ingredients)
watermelon -- seems to be a popular recurring item...
roasted corn
pineapple
various roasted salsas
pico de gallo
tomatillo
3 levels of "standard" salsas
cilantro pesto
southwest pesto
ancho pesto
standard pesto

· Registered
453 Posts
Cranberry Salsa is pretty popular in Texas at this time of year -- pretty good if there's enough sugar to combat the tartness of the berries. Some people use the whole jellied cranberries as a base then start adding-

Neat served over a simple poached fish, grilled chicken, grilled sweet potatoes...

At the salsa bar yesterday...

greek (kalamata, feta, cukes with the standard ingredients)
watermelon -- seems to be a popular recurring item...
roasted corn
pineapple
various roasted salsas
pico de gallo
tomatillo
3 levels of "standard" salsas
cilantro pesto
southwest pesto
ancho pesto
standard pesto

· Registered
4,130 Posts
This is a recipe I got off the radio in 1994. It's from Madhur Jaffrey, and was on Vertamae Grovesnor's show Seasonings. It goes well with turkey, chicken, or pork. It's especially good as a spread on post-Thanksgiving sandwiches, with or without mayonnaise mixed in:

Garlicky Cranberry Chutney

1 cube fresh ginger (about 1-inch), peeled and julienned
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon cayenne, ground
1 can Jellied Cranberry Sauce *

Combine ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne in a non-reactive pot. Simmer 15 minutes. Add cranberry sauce and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Pour into a clean jar and store in refrigerator. This keeps very well.

* I always use Whole Berry cranberry sauce, and sometimes add extra dried cranberries. Everyone I've served it to loves it!:lips:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.